CareSuite creates a backup of all data every night. The backup is stored locally. You can enable online backups to upload a copy of all created backups to a cloud storage.
Currently, Google Drive is the only supported cloud storage.
Note: The setup is only possible via localhost
You can only edit the online backup configuration by accessing the web interface on the CareSuite Server via http://localhost. If you access the CareSuite via any other URL, the settings screen will be disabled.
- Visit the administration area of the CareSuite and go to Online backups.
- Enable the online backup feature by checking the «enabled» checkbox.
- You can customize where the backups are stored by changing the target folder (the customer's name is used by default).
- (Optional) By default, the backups are uploaded to the root folder of your Google Drive account. If you want to use another base folder, you can enter a specific root folder id. See How to find a folder's id below.
- (Optional) If you want to store the backups on a shared team drive, you need to enter the team drive's ID. See How to find a team drive's ID below.
- Click the «Save» button.
- You will be prompted to log in to your Google account. After the login was successful, you can close the opened browser tab and return to the CareSuite.
- If a green message is displayed, online backups are now enabled.
- Backups are uploaded automatically every night.
- You can manually trigger an upload of all existing backups by clicking on the «Trigger backup» button in the CareSuite's administration area.
CareSuite keeps daily, weekly and monthly backups. The following table shows how long the backups are stored on your cloud storage. Older backups are automatically deleted.
|Backup type||Retention time|
How to find folder IDs
How to find a folder's ID
- Navigate to the folder you want to find the ID for on the Google Drive website.
- You can find the folder's ID in the URL bar of your browser.
How to find a team drive's ID
- Navigate to the shared drive you want to find the ID for on the Google Drive website.
- You can find the team drive's ID in the URL bar of your browser.